View Single Post
Old 02-11-23, 04:57 AM   #479
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Ballistically, the 10mm performs better than the 9mm, either will be fine for self defense. having said that, the 10mm isn't quite as popular as the 9mm, so platforms are more limited, as is ammo choice.

My advice: find a gun range that rents pistols, test drive a few of their pistols. If you aren't a practiced shooter (don't shoot on a regular basis), take a basic safety course (most ranges offer them).

Then answer the following questions, the answers will give you an idea of the pistol you choose and the accessories that will go with it. ie; holsters & other qear.

when am I going to carry it: every day, all day,/ jogging / to the beach / to the opera / shopping / local festivals etc.

How am I going to carry it: inside/outside the waistband, under the arm, cross draw, appendix carry, 4 o'clock carry. etc.

After you have your pistol, go to the range and put at least a few boxes of ammo thru it. this familiarizes you with the pistol and it's quirks (they all have them, although they tend to be subjective). After that, take a defensive pistol & concealed carry class.

Remember, while it is your Right to keep and bear arms, it is your responsibility to do so in a safe & legal manner.

Actually, given the probable range of any self-defense scenario, just about any cartridge will do if one keeps one's cool and shoots straight.