View Single Post
Old 02-08-23, 02:49 PM   #466
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean C View Post
I've been open carrying for years and have had zero problems with "Karens" ... or those with more heinous intentions, either. The latter is one reason I open carry, and it has proven effective at deterring a bad situation before it starts. I don't ever want to have to use my firearm in anger, so I'd rather prevent than react.

I do get the occasional question about which gun I'm carrying. But that usually results in a nice conversation about firearms. Maybe it's because of where I live. I don't know.

I did have one police officer recommend I get a concealed carry license. But he didn't say why he thought I needed one. I might get one anyway, just in case I feel like being more discreet one day. I dunno.
I’m sure in a state where it’s legal to open carry it might be much easier to do it without some Karen giving you guff. But I think Torvald lives in Maryland which was just recently told by the SCOTUS it shall issue, its whole other world up there might take some getting used too.

In Florida it’s illegal to brandish a weapon, I figure the more discreet one is the less likely a chance some Karen or other busy body will get in your business. IMO I personally liken being discreet to a certain level of professionalism, but that’s just me. If you have a CCW permit and want to stuff a blunderbuss down your pants you go right ahead. . But I think a smaller discreet carry also lends itself to a comfortable carry and you’ll be more inclined to carry it. Rather than keeping your shiny new blunderbuss in a sock drawer because it jams into your crotch.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-08-23 at 04:47 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote