View Single Post
Old 12-28-22, 07:52 AM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The years flew by.

I was still living in Osnabrück when i found Subsim, that must have been 1999 or 1998. I had questions on Jane's 688i, found the early version of this forum bakc then and was told I should ask Neal Stevens. And I asked "Who is this Neal Stevens and where can I find him?" while already trampling on his lawn.

Some of us who have 2001 in their avatar may add even one or two years more, if you remember back in the early years there was some server issue and Neal moved data to another server, something technical happened and many people ended up getting a new replacement date for their entry date, and that happened to be this 2001 date some of us unisono show in our avatar. Thats how I recall it at least.

Submarines are still an interest of mine, but not a dominant anymore, I scan some of the subsim forums here, but 99% of the time silently, like it is appropriate for a submariner. If I am active in any sort of social media - GT is probably the candidate to name. Never met any of you personally, but I am used to some of you since long now . And over time I learned to not eat everything as hot as it was cooked in here.