View Single Post
Old 07-02-22, 10:16 AM   #11
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Progress so far: The Right side of the garage goes first, so all the lumber, tools, & junk not in the shed gets shoved to the left side, may have to store my bikes in the house short term.

I want to utilize overhead space, and being a cheap basterd, I think I can reuse the cabinet built by the previous owner... So I can make two fairly large overhead shelves with that.

I think I can use the shed for heavy items, the floor and bottom two shelves are supported by the floor and can take the weight.

So I will make one of the garage overhead shelves supported by the floor, as long as my car will fit, and the other overhead shelf will manage bulky but not heavy items, like empty water cans, ice chests, and boxes with light items. That shelf I can rely on wall strength to support the load.

I also think I need a good amount of wall space from large items to hang like cords, leaf blowers, work lights...

I guess I can use the space under the shelf for a work space with areas to hang frequently used tools, blades, etc. And I can fit my genny and tank under it. Of course, I will need to back my car out of the garage to use this workspace... no way around that but a bigger garage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blog1.jpg (70.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg blog2.jpg (65.4 KB, 46 views)