View Single Post
Old 06-27-21, 10:15 AM   #1524
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
You're making a fallacious assumption that racism only exists in the US when that couldn't be further from the truth - and that only racism is associated with slavery.

I've lived and worked around the world - the US is the *least* racist, sexist, classist country that exists today.

Japan, for example, is the most polite racist country you'll ever see. The entire country. They won't grant citizenship to Japanese people born in another country. They have Japanese-only bars, restaurants, public baths, etc. They'll tell a round-eye that something is not possible (with the phrase "maybe yes" which means "no way in hell") and then turm around and happily accommodate a Japanese person to do the same thing.

Australia? They're still treating aboriginal people like second class citizens.

India? It's nothing but based upon caste...

Let's not forget wealthy middle eastern people who hire maids from Philippines or Singapore and then take away their passports and work them like dogs with no pay...

All of the Russian and Ukrainian sex slave bar girls in Pusan bars... The Eastern European and Philipino singing acts hired on 6 month contracts to play at hotel bars in Asian countries that are essentially indentured...

I was at a bar in South Korea one night where a philipino asked me if I wanted "company." I turned down the offer but noticed a small scar on one side of her thigh and a bigger scar on the opposite side. Just about the size of a .22 bullet. I got her talking where she admitted her "manager" when she was working at a bar in Philippines shot her for trying to quit and then sent her to Korea, swapping with that bar owner to send a Korean girl to work in his bar... Yep - no slavery elsewhere but the US...
You're reading way to much into what I wrote, the discussion is about racism in the U.S. and whether it's systemic. And for the record, the 1619 project inevitably links slavery with racism in it's curriculum. (FYI it also teaches that pale skin is a sign of racism).

As for racism being the only cause of slavery, (your words not mine), you inferred it on your own since my statements are pretty concise. However history does indicate that where racism is accepted slavery is right there in the mix kind of like peas and carrots.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote