Thread: Formula One
View Single Post
Old 05-01-21, 11:12 AM   #116
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Wasn't able to watch qualifying, but did see most of P2 and P3. Interesting results. A few observations....

Well done to Mercedes, getting the front row. Not what I wanted to see, especially at such a low-grip track, but Red Bull take the second row so it's not too bad. Just need Checo to replicate his pace during the race and not make mistakes.

Vettel in the top ten?! What in the....

Not many surprises really, though Ricciardo can't be pleased. Maybe there were mitigating circumstances? Same with Stroll. Those cars should both be higher in the order I reckon.

Mazepin dead last. Rinse, repeat.

Russell must be feeling great about this season. Williams is still Williams, yes, but he is fighting in the midfield instead of the back, and he has to be feeling good about that. I find myself pulling for him for whatever reason.

Alonso has shown some flashes of his old form, but he is yet to put it together when it counts. Ocon's result suggests Alonso should be better. He is yet to seem comfortable in the car.

I really like the way the midfield shook out with different makes interspersed, not classified by team. Should make a good battle tomorrow. Rain?