View Single Post
Old 03-08-21, 04:10 AM   #7558
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I'm not usually a big fan of cover songs and redoes of a particular song. Over the past year or so, my opinion has changed dramatically as I have heard some great songs that have been rearranged using different instruments. In this case, using a piano instead of a Folk Guitar and turning the song into a power ballad. Today, we have mostly mindless “ songs “ masquerading as songs or music. This song by Revolution Saints is reminiscent of a time long past when we had real singers and great musicians coming together to create timeless classics.

The searing vocals of Deen Castronovo and the soaring melodies from Guitar Player, Doug Aldrich and great bass playing from Jack Blades shows the intricate harmonies and textures from a great arrangement. This is “ I wouldn't change a thing.”This song was originally performed by Richard Page of Mr. Mister fame. I listed both songs so the listener can see the evolution of this fantastic song and lyrics.

This is the Richard Page version

This is the Revolution Saints version.

This Is Rock music and a power ballad the way it was meant to be. I love how this songs builds to a crescendo.

This is dedicated to everyone here and any and all who read this who has experienced the loss of someone special and important in their lives. We have all been there.

For my own part:

My dearest Susan. Not a day goes by.....
May you rest easy and slumber in peace. May you also know the the light, warmth and love of God's Grace.

Till we meet again-Soon.
Beautiful sentiments.....sad and true.