View Single Post
Old 02-14-21, 03:57 PM   #752
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Those aren't the only people who will vote. There are a number of reasons why Trump lost in 2020. Some were beyond his control. But some were. Unfortunately it wasn't enough. It is what he did after Nov. 3rd that will hurt him if he tries again.

Oh I agree. And that is where a guy like DeSantis comes in. Same take no crap attitude but without the drama that you get from Trump. And it is my own belief that people are tired of the drama. It is counter productive.
I think that they are tired of the drama - but the drama is really the left-extreme woke cancel culture that they're tired of. Unlike every other politician who, when confronted with a gotcha (or manufactured gotcha) moment, makes the expected apologies and pleas for mercy (which won't be forthcoming) before being ruined, he doesn't do that. Instead, Trump responds by being so far over the top confrontational that they are all like "No, no, no! That's not what the playbook says you're supposed to do!!". It doesn't hurt that while he's giving them the figurative backhanded bitch-slap, he's doing it with irrefutable facts disguised in exaggeration. He's a master of hyperbolic metaphor, in that regard.

When he referred to Mexican rapists when talking about illegal immigration, for example, it's a dogwhistle to the media and leftists to claim that he's racist because he knows how to push their buttons; everyone with any sense understands his exaggeration because they know that there *are* criminals that make up part of all illegal immigrants - it's an easy win with the hard-core right while moderates understand the nuance in actually enforcing immigration law.

That he referred to the human-trafficking smugglers as coyotes and got leftists to bite thinking he was referring to actual canids just illustrates how low-information many people on Twitter actually are.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote