View Single Post
Old 02-08-21, 11:09 AM   #239
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Maybe Navalny is a useful idiot, a nationalist (b.t.w. what does the US or UK have against this ?). But you cannot deny him courage and a harsh treating by the russian government, even admitted by Russia.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...-navalny-harsh

Also of course the ridculous accusation:
“You were obligated to provide documents and provide proper explanations for not attending,” a prison official told Navalny while describing his parole violation during the hearing.

Navalny reminded the official that he had been indisposed due to his poisoning, as governments and human rights activists around the world knew.

“How about I was in a coma?” Navalny said. “Then I was in intensive care. I provided medical documents. You had my place of residence and contact information.”

So EU's Borrell followed an invitation from Lavrov. Logical he would mention Navalny. So this "invitation" was intended to punish and discredit him, ah.
Still it is not exactly a PR coup for Russia.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a Russian spy. It's just that I don't support neo-nazis with homicidal tendencies anymore than they do. And yes, it does seem the U.S. and U.K. might. But don't ignore the four politicians who publicly supported the neo-nazi. and where they came from.

Russian Foreign Ministry - МИД России

JainutairsSpy ocSelan1m7 at h1n:i5dsnoirnefd0 aimdPMm ·

Official Press-Release of the Moscow Directorate of Russia's Federal Penitentiary Service

17 January 2021

Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, Moscow Directorate, hereby informs:

On January 17, 2021, at the Sheremetyevo airport, officers of the Investigation Department of the Operations Department of the Moscow Directorate of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia took into custody Mr. Alexey Navalny who had been previously given a suspended sentence by a court of law and who has been on the Service’s wanted list since December 29, 2020 for multiple violations of his probation terms.

A court of law shall rule on the restriction measures for Mr. Navalny’s violations. Until the ruling is passed, Mr. Navalny shall remain in custody.

Mr. Navalny was taken into custody on the order issued by the Head of the Moscow Directorate of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia on December 29, 2020 that effectually put Mr. Alexey Navalny on the Service’s wanted list as a convicted person who committed systematic violations of his probation terms. The order prescribed taking Mr. Navalny into custody as soon as his whereabouts were located.

Previously, Mr. Navalny’s lawyer was informed of both the order putting Mr. Navalny on the wanted list and the order issued by the Department of Corrective Services of the Federal Penitentiary Service’s Moscow Branch to the Simonovsky District Court of Moscow effectively revoking Mr. Navalny’s suspended sentence and reinstating the actual sentence.

Earlier, on 30 December 2014, Zamoskvoretsky District Court of Moscow sentenced Mr. Navalny to serve 3 years and 6 months in prison and pay a fine of 500 thousand rubles on the charges of fraud and money laundering. The court ruled the sentence to be suspended with a 5-year probation term. On August 4, 2017, Simonovsky District Court of Moscow extended Mr. Navalny’s probation period by twelve more months.

However, Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia has registered multiple violations of the probation terms by Mr. Navalny during the year 2020; namely, Mr. Navalny has failed to check in for registration at the Department of Corrective Services of the Federal Penitentiary Service’s Moscow Directorate twice a month as per the assigned schedule. There were two registration appointments missed in January 2020, and one in each of the following months: February, March, July and August, 2020. Last time Mr. Navalny checked in with the Department of Corrective Services was on August 3, 2020. All this time the Department of Corrective Services has been warning Mr. Navalny that these violations could lead to his suspended sentence being revoked and replaced with an actual prison term.

Department of Corrective Services suspended the requirement for Mr. Navalny to check in for registration for the duration of his treatment at the Charité Hospital in Berlin, Germany. However, Charité Hospital’s official statements indicated that Mr. Navalny’s treatment there was completed on September 23, 2020. Later, Mr. Navalny confirmed this fact in a notification he sent to the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia. In the apparent absence of any valid reasons Mr. Navalny has not appeared for any of the regular check-in appointments with the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia from October 2020 until the end of his probation period, thus violating the probation terms again.

Article 190, Section 4 of the Penal Enforcement Code of the Russian Federation maintains that in case of a suspended sentence, systematic violations of the probation terms or evading the Federal Penitentiary Service’s control warrant an order by the Head of the Department of Corrective Services to the court effectively revoking the suspended sentence and replacing it with the actual sentence as ordered by the court.

All Russian citizens shall be equal before the law, scrupulously abide by it, aware of the inevitability of responsibility for the crimes committed.

In 2019, Russia’s Federal Penitentiary Service revoked suspended sentences in relation to more than 15,000 people, sending them to prison to serve the sentence.

More than 23,000 convicts have had correctional work replaced with incarceration.
This practice has been used in the case of those convicts who had a chance to serve their sentence out of jail but failed to use it.

Issued by the Press Service of the Moscow Directorate of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, Moscow Directorate
УФСИН России по г. Москв

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote