View Single Post
Old 02-05-21, 10:43 PM   #229
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

I wonder if those European Navalny fans are aware of a New York Times article written in 2011?

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/10/w...es-russia.html

Quote:
MR. NAVALNY has Nordic good looks, a caustic sense of humor and no political organization.

Five years ago, he quit the liberal party Yabloko, frustrated with the liberals’ infighting and isolation from mainstream Russian opinion. Liberals, meanwhile, have deep reservations about him, because he espouses Russian nationalist views. He has appeared as a speaker alongside neo-Nazis and skinheads, and once starred in a video that compares dark-skinned Caucasus militants to cockroaches. While cockroaches can be killed with a slipper, he says that in the case of humans, “I recommend a pistol.”

Quote:
“Revolution is unavoidable,” he told the Russian edition of Esquire, in an interview published this month. “Simply because the majority of people understand that the system is wrong. When you are in the company of bureaucrats you hear them talking about who has stolen everything, why nothing works and how horrible everything is.”
He was less definitive about the future he envisioned for the country, saying only that he hoped it would “resemble a huge, irrational, metaphysical Canada.”
The new Russia of Navalny's dream "a huge, irrational, metaphysical Canada"

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-05-21 at 11:18 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote