View Single Post
Old 02-01-21, 08:15 AM   #201
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Navalny is viewed as a traitor I would expect, not as an enemy. But this is going into speculations into the state of the mind for Putin and other actors.

About charges - political motivation doesn’t mean that Navalny did not participate in such activities, only that the law is selectively applied.

Is that bad? Sure.
Does this mean that Navalny is innocent and worthy of support by a classical liberal such I? Not really.

Hence why I get tired of such people get white washed and sanctified. In the end Navalny is not going to be better for Russia, but then I can’t say who will be and I am against revolutions in all forms and for a steady, peaceful, evolution and development.

As to poisonings - yes, this is an established narrative and, ironically, people who actually died to Novichoks (like 1990s bankers) are not a part of it. Ironic, plus the British proximity to all of the cases in it.

The phone call (same as the bellingcat report) was an element of political theatre amplified by media.

I wish there was a better response to this, but historically we have been bad at this, for example back in the Korean airliner times Soviets did not respond to US publishing a doctored voice comms tape despite knowing its nature.