View Single Post
Old 12-26-20, 09:43 AM   #7
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
The SSBNs & SSGNs (ex-SSBNs) are large enough that they have enough room to arrange for separate berthing areas for female personnel, but the current attack boats do not, so the Navy's incorporating separate berthing areas into the remaining unbuilt Virginia-class SSNs and designs of the next-generation Columbia-class SSNs and New Jersey-class SSBNs.
The Ohio's actually have bunk "rooms" which allows for easier integration, whereas fast boats berthing is more akin to a passageway. And ya got a little typo there, Columbia SSBNs and Virginia Blk 4 SSNs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
My grandpa knows a dude who was a Green Beret and his opinion was that women shouldn't be in Spec Ops or the military for that matter. His reasons were:
1. They get pregnant half the time and then the pregnant woman has to go back to the states and a replacement comes in.
2. They cannot pull their own weight and they are worthless in battle as you cannot rely upon them to have your back when need be. They're always whining and complaining too.

I can't voice my real opinion without getting into trouble so I'm gonna keep quiet.
Number 1 is very real and will sometimes happen on purpose in order to avoid going on deployment. As for number 2, there's men who can't pull their own weight and whine and complain all the time as well.

On another note, wasn't it the Wyoming that had the shower cams installed in the officers head?

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote