View Single Post
Old 11-13-20, 01:19 PM   #14
rfxcasey
Bosun

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

There is a way, but it's a bit complicated. I'm trying to get it working right now using a program called Cheat Engine. I have successfully used this program in the past to get Metal Gear V running in ultrawide. There is someone working on this but I don't think their native language is English so the translation is a bit hard to follow. I'll point you to the thread, the more people attempting this the better.

The process is a bit complicated however, you have to use Cheat Engine to actively intercept the games memory addresses and change the data for the specific parameter on the fly from what I understand. I'm no programmer, I know just enough to get myself in trouble. Still, these guys seem to have gotten it to work in SH5.

On a side note, just from experience with Metal Gear, once you get it working the clicking for the buttons might be off a little bit or the filter overlays for the graphics might not extend all way to the left and right edges of the screen, in other words, the might be in a different aspect ratio then what you're trying to run. I don't think this will be a problem in SH5 because my resolution, 2560x1080 actually shows up in the graphics settings, though I think it's kind of crappy that while the game recognizes my systems current resolution it doesn't allow for FOV adjustment, which would have been super easy for the devs to include. The one problem we might encounter is the buttons being off graphically from where you actually have to click them. Both of the aforementioned problems were present in Metal Gear V but, if I remember correctly, Metal Gear V did not recognize the systems current resolution or support running in an ultrawide resolution, so that's probably why it exhibited the problems mentioned above. SH5 might not have those issues, but if it does there are fixes, though once again, a bit complicated.

Sorry to be long winded, I really want to get this working on my system. Here's a link to the discussion I mentioned. Use Google Translate if you need to.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...17#post2706517

Last edited by rfxcasey; 11-14-20 at 02:22 AM.
rfxcasey is offline   Reply With Quote