View Single Post
Old 09-09-20, 09:52 PM   #217
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon9 reality follows art??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by me: in what R U doin' 2day
Napa's completely socked in due to smoke; 0930 AM looks like 8PM, an orange-grey 'twilight of the gods' effect. I presume the sun is shining-last night a baleful red eye was at least visible; this morning....not even that much. Old movies and AC are the agenda...'till PG &E, CA's criminal utility, cuts off the power in a proactive blackout as they did over in Santa Rosa/SONOMA County all night long where my daughter resides. Additionally, 5,000 customers in north Napa county are w/o power...thus far, due to windy conditions affecting old power-lines. Fortunately the temps will be around 85F. down from 109-104 F. yesterday...hey!: "We be chillin' in the hood bro!" and I don't have to mow the ash-laden lawn! EDIT: The dystopian effect of the orange sky looks like the set of Blade Runner II and is expected to last 'till Sunday. Economy of forces: I now wear the mask for smoke... and Covid virus!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
SF this evening. It has looked the a martian sky all day long and everything is getting a coating of ash. At least it doesn't smell bad even if it is unhealthy.
Thanks for that SF skyline pic! "ONE pic is worth a thousand words" This is disgustingly amazing. I tried to take picture but I-phone camera tech can't grasp it. Scene from Blade Runner 2049;

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote