klh
Ensign

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodaga222 View Post
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner
@Brodaga

Tube numbers need correcting for single and salvo switch.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...2&postcount=77

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Ok i will try to fix it Ok i will try to fix it
The ARB gui is a great piece of work, and really brings this 15 year old game to the present day. I have been trying to make a few tweaks since the last official update, particularly with the TDC salvo/single selector dials. I could use some help from someone who knows the dials.cfg and menu_1024_768.ini files.

What I have found is that for the TDC menu screen (F6) which works correctly, there are entries in dials.cfg for the Salvo_mode [Dial7], Tube_Salvo_Sel [Dial9], and Tube_Single_Sel [Dial8]. The dial hex address matches the corresponding entries in menu_1024_768.ini.

When I look at the entries for the attack periscope (F3), UZO (U), and observation periscope (O), the Tube_Single_Sel dial is missing. I'm guessing that this explains why in those screens, the selector dial is non-functional when in single mode.
Dial Name, TDC, Attack, Obs, UZO
Salvo_mode, [Dial7], [Dial62], [Dial68], [Dial82]
Tube_Salvo_Sel, [Dial9], [Dial57], [Dial63], [Dial77]
Tube_Single_Sel, [Dial8], none, none, none
Can someone take a look and suggest what to do to fix it? I don't want to rebuild and renumber the whole file if I'm on the wrong track. I also don't know how to tell what hex address to use in the definition.

Thanks!
klh is offline   Reply With Quote