View Single Post
Old 05-27-20, 04:47 PM   #3275
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
1701 Captain William Kidd is hanged in London after being convicted of piracy and the murder of William Moore.
Quote:
Throughout his trial, Kidd maintained his innocence. When he was asked if he had any final words he said: 'I have nothing to say except that I have been sworn against by perjured and wicked people.' Kidd was hanged at Execution Dock in Wapping, where his body remained strung up in the gibbets for three years to serve as a warning to other would-be pirates.
He was actually hanged three times: 1: the rope broke onlookers pleaded for mercy to no avail; 2: immedite re- hanging was for keeps 3: he was dipped in tar and hung out on the River Thames to deter others from piracy...for three years!
What he needed at his 'trial' and didn't have....found 200 years later
confirming hima 'privateer' and not a 'pirate'..... In truth he was hung four times:'hung out to dry' by his investor-superiors who left him to his fate. https://www.gutenberg.org/files/54444/54444-h/54444-h.htm#APPENDIX_D

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 05-27-20 at 04:56 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote