View Single Post
Old 11-24-19, 01:32 PM   #11
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

That sucks but it doesn't look like they have much of a chance if the Fairground refuses to compromise. Finding a replacement home shouldn't be insurmountable though especially if a benefactor like Stewart steps forward. Might not be a bad idea to ask him. As for moving the layout I know it's tough to move things that weren't made with moving in mind but not impossible.

When I move my layout to the retirement home in a few years most of it will go with me. Mainly I will sacrifice all the terrain, roads, building foundations, scaffolding and wiring as well as the track and switches. Once that stuff is installed it doesn't de-install without destroying it so it will have to remain. But all the loco's, running stock, buildings, vehicles, lamp posts, figures, foliage, basically anything not nailed down (and can't be pried up somewhat intact), will go with me.

With that kind of head start I figure that it will only take a couple of years to rebuild it to a viewable state and I will do so with the lessons learned from first one in mind.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote