View Single Post
Old 10-19-19, 06:30 AM   #854
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Sadly, a possible consequence of having an open door policy.
No, open door polciies and migration are not the cause here. A general fanatical radicalization to evn ba force forbid others to have a disagreeing opinion, a fanatical coinviction to be 100% right and everybody elkse being 100& wrong and thus failing to qualify for any rights to express it without getting santioned and penalised. An erosion of discussion culture, and narcissistic incapability to accept that others do not agree with one's own view. A paternalistic craving to force imorvemment uppj others as oneself defines "improvement". Dilettantes who think their craving for applause already gives them claim for gettign apllaus ev en if not having dleivered any acievement or havign and skill deserving aplaus: of course empirical testing of claims and staements is not needed as well, since one knows that one is right. The inability to tolerate disgreement. The demand for always acting in consensus becoming a synonyme for tyrannic repression. "Alternativlosigkeit" (by Merkel) ruling out any objection, any disagreeing, any opposition.

What have all these things in common? A basic totalitarian mindset and orientation, a certain lack of tolerance. Thats why I so often call things totalitarian nowadays.

So, it is not just due to the wrong kind of mogrants allowed in in too huge numbers. But of course it would help if Germany were far more pragmatic and selectiove regarding whom we let in and let stay, and whom we sort out. But to even wantign to tlak about that stgmatises you in germany so that you turn ionto a pariah immediately. Remember that quote by Alexis de Toqueville that I repeatedly gave in past months? Its true for germany as well.

Quote:
Tyranny in democratic republics does not proceed in the same way, however. It ignores the body and goes straight for the soul. The master no longer says: You will think as I do or die. He says: You are free not to think as I do. You may keep your life, your property, and everything else. But from this day forth you shall be as a stranger among us. You will retain your civic privileges, but they will be of no use to you. For if you seek the votes of your fellow citizens, they will withhold them, and if you seek only their esteem, they will feign to refuse even that. You will remain among men, but you will forfeit your rights to humanity. When you approach your fellow creatures, they will shun you as one who is impure. And even those who believe in your innocence will abandon you, lest they, too, be shunned in turn. Go in peace, I will not take your life, but the life I leave you with is worse than death.
^This is what is currently happening. Everywhere, on all levels.

Especially bad it is at universities.