View Single Post
Old 10-09-19, 04:53 PM   #12564
Nobon
Helmsman

Location: 1939-09-13. U-50 ran into a 10+ ship british convoy- I'm planning the approach
Downloads: 74
Uploads: 2
wolf_howl15 Hmm

Well, that is true about ports, but 1.05 somehow never went that low in fps so I have to find a solution.

getting out of the port / through the canal was way too frustrating. I imagine the return...

Any hint about what we optimized in cfgs back in the day? There was
-something-.

Stable 20-ish fps in the most crowded places in 1.05 compared to 5-8 in 2.2.16 has to be changed.

I have an I7-4710HQ with 4x2.50 gigs as a cpu, an Nvidia Geforce 850m, and 8 gig of DD3 ram. I remember we did somethng about either the CPU threads, and/or the max video ram(?) that is allowed to use, or something similar...?

Also:
Some modding help please:
I activated my old JSGM mods tailored for 1.05 to try, but I really need to re-do them using latest TWOS files, as I believe even that JSGM does not notify about any conflict, these files WERE modified by TWOS 2.2.16 core. Just the main TWOS mod is not activated through JSGM anymore, so I cannot see what files are modified.

So far I noticed that my crew appearance mod may break the conversations. As on my baltic mission (without it) I was able to go to the next conversation lines after discussing the first ones with the officers. I give you an example: Dieter Epp the second officer still always refer the kids as "chips of the old block", and number one can only be interviewed about the Royal Navy. So it seems all conversations stuck in lvl 1 sincer I activated my old mod.

this mod basically changes what they wear. Mostly stock stuff I believe, but adds and removes some caps, medals, etc.

my second mod puts my smiling bastard picture in the captain's place in the crew window,
and there is one mod I made that removes loud footsteps and some more sounds when you entered to listen to the hydrophone, it worked with 1.05 but now seems broken.

Another mod that I did not activated yet, as I am 100% sure it DOES conflict, is a mod that lets you use arrow buttons to control the periscope alignment instead of waiving bluntly around with the mouse. arrows for normal speed, ctrl+arrows for slow speed turn, and shift+arrows for fast turn but I'm maybe remembering wrong.

I intend to tailor these and future mods exactly for 2.2.16, but somehow I should see the conflicts.. What lines needs to be injected to since-modified 2.2.16 files instead of using 1.05 modified versions.

87% realism (100%-Cams to watch burning targets, and torpedoes run for fun..)
SH5 The Wolves of Steel Megamod- Realnav+Full manual targeting. -no contact updates, no map help.
U-50 forever - still a Smiling bastard
Nobon is offline   Reply With Quote