View Single Post
Old 10-01-19, 03:17 PM   #7554
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The one big concern of mine is whether or not sufficient key posts in the scheme of checks and balances still are manned with objective people trying to stay loyal to law and order and the constitutional demands. My fear is that this conflict already is so bad that it comes down to who has his "own guys" in sufficiently powerful positions as to bypass checks and balances and simply counter moves by the other side by "brute force". Pompeos annoucnements today imo are nothign else than threatening that he will not obey legal demands by the law. So far that is an attempt of intimidation. If he manages to carry it out, if his threats fall on fertile ground, than it is a coup, and the law has been taken out.

That the American system, the way it was meant and intended, functions at least sufficiently anymore, I do no longer take for granted. I mean it has not functioned unmanipulated and without corruption of power and lobbyism since decades, but there was still room for detoriating it even further - and Trump has used his three years to maximise the damage. He is the political equivalent to a bunker-busting bomb. Its possible that he will be the one cause that completely knocks the system out.

In other words: a coup d'etat that is taking place behind the stage's curtain. The public will no resist to a coup if it is not aware of a coup having taken place.