Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 05-19-19, 09:34 PM   #8173
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default Judy Dive Bombers Night Vision

I've see a lot here on the AI and incredible vision capabilities, and I've pretty much accepted it. However, having Judy's zero in on me while on a course that should have passed me by over six miles away, in the middle of a pitch black night, while I'm running at periscope depth and nothing showing above the surface, is a bit much.

It is June 1944, and I'm in a Sargo off the mouth of Bungo Suido intercepting one tanker after another along the West shore when BAM! I get bombed when I'm at at 100'. Another one gets me when I'm running at PD, scope down, again in the middle of hte night. I finally had to say "screw it", call Battle Stations, surface, man the AA guns (40mm) and paste the little bugger. Felt good, but only intensified the number of attacks from then on. This kept up until I was good and clear of Bungo Suido and headed back to Fremantle via the Philippines, Celebes Sea, Makassar Strait, etc.

It seems the only ones that will attack at night are the Judy's, and they come with a vengeance. Is that what you had planned to happen? I was feeling like I was in a Uboat in Biscay Bay about this same time period, but I had no snorkel, and the damn Judy's would have attacked anyway.

Sheesh!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote