View Single Post
Old 05-15-19, 02:17 PM   #8159
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Props, Please clarify "fresh install". Do we have to uninstall the current version (v1.5) from Windows and then reinstall from CD? Or can we just back out the v0.81 and install the newest release of FOTRSU?

I get the deleting the SH4 folder from My Documents (Win7) but have never been sure about having to do the uninstall-reinstall of SH4 itself. I have done it both ways with previous FOTRSU releases, and have not noticed anything detrimental. For this last one I did the full Monty, which is really quite tedious and time consuming.

Thanks for any clarification you can offer.

Above is the install folder from SH4 v1.5. You'll notice that I've placed the JSGME, MultiSh4, Large Address Aware utilities in the folder also. I use this as as a template to create multiple copies of FOTRSU using the MultiSh4. This saves you the time of having to uninstall and reinstall SH4 every time a new Beta version of FOTRSU comes out. I use the following proceedure.

1. Create a separate folder, labeling it so you know what it is. Do a copy and paste of the SH4 game files (template) into this folder.

2. Once the copy and paste of the SH4 games files is down activate the JSGME to get your mod folder installed.

3. Put the version of FOTRSU you are going to use in the mod folder and activate it.

4. Once the FOTRSU is installed, activate the LAA and MultiSh4.

5. Make any other adjustments as you like. Then go sink ships.

I use this method all the time, it saves alot of time and usually only takes a few minutes to accomplish. It can be used for any of the mega mods or any mods for SH4 that have been made. Hope this helps you guys out.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote