View Single Post
Old 05-11-19, 10:11 PM   #13
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Hmmm. Using an unmodified copy of SH4 1.4, tested GATO, confirmed clicking on hydrophone dial does nothing. Copied ONLY the NSS_Gato_CT.sim file into \Data\Interior\NSS_Gato\ folder, now it works the same way earlier subs do. Optical Targeting mod isn't necessary to make the dial work.

So copied then renamed his mod file to fixed.sim, copied and renamed the original to broke.sim, then opened both in S3D to compare them side by side.

Only thing I found was line 35 - it's labeled gyrocompass, should have nothing to do with sonar, except that the sonar dial has a gyrocompass repeater? Dunno, but in the original the dispval and realval have values of 0 and 360, he changed both to 360 and 360.

Okay, restore original backup, fire up game and confirm clicking on dial doesn't work, change the values in line 35 to match his, restart game, still doesn't work. Copied and pasted the mod file to overwrite my hacked original, works that way.

Obviously I'm missing a line other than line 35, NSS_Gato_CT.sim is the only file in the sonar fix mod.

For now I would suggest making a backup copy of NSS_Gato_CT.sim from GFO, copy the one from the sonar fix into the \Data\Interior\NSS_Gato\ folder and see if it breaks anything.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote