View Single Post
Old 05-11-19, 07:39 PM   #4
Damo
Captain

Downloads: 248
Uploads: 0

I take your points on board, to be honest I was mighty frustrated at the time of posting and may have had a few beers on top. I do understand early access and to be honest I didn't realise it was just a 3 man team. There are points to this game that really are a breath of fresh air, things I wish I could have access to in SH5 like the bilge system, the electrics and crew interaction. I like micromanagement in games which is why I was drawn to this when my friend explained it.

I don't think it will ever go to the exacting depths of SH, at least not for a very long time but it also will have that sit down and play an hour that SH can't do. Most devs don't want to touch military sim games because of the high standards their fans demand, so I should go a bit easier on a studio that took the risk anyway. I was going to just delete the post but I know there'll be others that will be in the same boat (boot?) that will benefit from any discussion that comes from this thread. For the record, I just bought it, but I won't be downloading it for a while, I will keep my eyes on the forums and YouTube to tell me when I should delve back in.

I have another 2 days at my friends place and I have learned to save often and test things before setting out on patrol, if it's broke, reload to before you did the thing that broke it etc. I just had an experience where I got attacked by a Sunderland and my sub almost flooded completely, I was able to close the bulkheads and get half the crew to safety as I came to rest at 180 metres on the bottom. Creaking and crunching was ever present as I and my crew battled to pump the water out over the next hour or so, I couldn't open the forward hatch in the Control Room cos of the pressure from the flooded front compartments so I had to blow the tanks and hope for the best, a real Das Boot moment. We made it home and I realised that you actually get attached to the crew and it changed my outlook.

I hope development progress is quick. After what happened with SH5 on release I think a lot of people can be forgiven for being pessimistic about new sub games, hopefully this one will come good.

The owl and the pussycat went to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat.
It only took one T1 eel to convince that boat not to float.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote