View Single Post
Old 04-24-19, 10:16 AM   #10
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

You are not playing on a laptop, do you? Because then, there could be problems with the system recognizing your main grafic card. With Win10 you would need to launch the game by right-clicking and chosing the right GPU which is: your main dedicated one.

If you are not using a laptop, right-click on your Win desktop > Monitor Resolution.
In the picture above ONLY 1 monitor should be listed with a big number 1. You would need to disable any number 2 or 3 etc.

Same in your GPU settings (NVidia Conrol Panel, AMD Command Center), only 1 and the right monitor should be set.

Does your monitor come with special DRIVERS? They need installation in this case. Refer to your manual.

If not for multiple monitors I cannot explain your screenshots, I have seen grafic distortions because of bad setup, but not yours which are far different and must have to do with the game or your system not being correctly set for your monitor. To test this, change monitor if you can.

In your SH5 savegame folder, located in [DOCUMENTS]\SH5\data\Cfg there is a file main.cfg. You should see this inside:

[VIDEO]
AntialiasingLevel=0; 0=none, 1=non-maskable, 2=2x, 4=4x, ...
;Resolution=1024,768,60,22; commented so, at first, it starts with the desktop resolution (on release version)
FullScreen=Yes
;Synchronized=Yes
Synchronized=No
Resolution=1920,1080,60,22

If you are using a single monitor only which supports this resolution (even if your native res. is different), then you should not experience your grafic glitches. Try to change the last line to one which your monitor supports, but still in 16:9 ratio.
Also try the setting

FullScreen=No

You would play in Window mode if it works.

And lastely, I come back to my suggestion above: Try the external programs D3DWindower, or DXWind to play SH5 in a window with your chosen resolution size. These programs are expressly made for such games or apps that cannot be switched to windowed mode in their options. With one of these programs, you would chose a resolution that almost fills your entire screen, but a 16:9 ratio which the game does support.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-24-19 at 10:36 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote