View Single Post
Old 04-01-19, 08:06 PM   #7
Olamagato
Torpedoman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
There is no difference in RAM usage at my previous test becuase the quality of images is also altered via menu.ini at their MatFlags and TexFmt lines and ,as i didn't changed these lines at the test, the output was the same in both cases.
By changing the matflags i saw a difference of about 20mb at ingame ram usage so it seems that you are right at the statement that menu screens are also loaded even ingame.
As i never figured the logic behind the Matflags and TexFmt i picked up a combination (MatFlags=0x21 ,TexFmt=0x9) that worked excellent in all images.But now it seems that these values are responsible for ram wasting so must become understanable.
Yes, you're right. MatFlags and TexFmt defines what SH3 engine treat texture file.
As for the prefix 0x, this means a number in the hexadecimal code, each digit 0-9 and A-F corresponding to the next four bits of the number. For example, 0x7C means 124, which is not very useful, but much more useful is that 7C are two four bits with values of 7 and 12, i.e. 0111 and 1100. The whole number in this case is 01111100. The individual bits or their groups can be assign different meanings and in this way include several pieces of information simultaneously.
Unfortunately, it turned out that I lost all copies of the tutorial to menu1024x768.ini, which originally could be found on the forum at http://forum.kickinbak.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=6 (as Submarine Sim Central • View topic - Menu 1024X768 tutorials).
Hence, because the last time I did it in 2012, I do not remember now what numerical values of "Texture Format" and bits "Material Flags" corresponded to what texture formats.

If anyone has access to the working mirror of this forum or has a copy of that forum, I would be interested in this material myself.
I made a mistake by not checking that the lost information was not on the subsim forum.

Last edited by Olamagato; 04-01-19 at 08:08 PM. Reason: syntax & bugs
Olamagato is offline   Reply With Quote