View Single Post
Old 03-19-19, 05:57 PM   #7748
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Hey there TS13! I can give you some rough answers, the others can flesh the points out further than me:
  1. We have tried to maintain the compatibility of the Uboat side of the mod, but have not always succeeded. I have not tried it myself lately, but it is basically the Stock SH4 Uboats, and very "thin", with multiple spawn-issue locations. Definitely not as "deep" (sorry, bad pun) as OM. We have done nothing other than to make ship calls function as intended.
  2. The beauty of SH4 is being able to sail anywhere in the world's "cylinder", excluding polar icecap expeditions, and maybe a harbor or river or two (or more) that is not deep enough for a submarine... That is not to say though, that there is traffic around the world. Mostly just the Pacific, concentrating on NorPac, CenPac and SoWesPac.
  3. The AI level is not customizable yet. The plan does call for that though. That will most likely be accomplished with a combination of add-in mods, since there are several ways to "adjust" the AI reactions encountered by the player.
  4. The Campaign is basically what FOTRS v1.3 was, which was basically what TMO v1.7 was, but with additions and alterations to accommodate the added ships and planes that are in FotRSU. An attempt has been made to have traffic levels rise and fall as time progresses, but it is NOT an RSRDC attempt. Basically a modded Stock campaign.
  5. No major issues, but enough little things to frustrate a modder and / or beta tester. The next release is being beaten, we hope into submission, but is not available just yet. Generally speaking, the last dozen or so pages of the thread will give you an idea that most folks are encountering a "too slow" enemy AI response. That has been adjusted for the next release.
If you haven't tried it, look into using MultiSH4 to set-up several copies of your Stock game install, and have a separate Save folder for each. That way, you can try mods to your heart's content.

TMO had much more aggressive AI's I even had merchants try to ram me. I hope the next iteration is harder like that.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote