View Single Post
Old 03-17-19, 05:10 PM   #7744
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
So I've started a fleet boat career in a Gar, and on returning from my last patrol was just promoted to a Gato. I have however noticed, even up to this point on May 25th 1942, I still do not have a single upgrade available.

Still stuck with the single .50cal AA gun, stern mounted 3" deck gun, no surface search radar available still. I am unsure if this is something to do with FOTRSU 0.80 or something else, as I used to play a lot of 0.7 and it worked just fine back then.

I wish I could at least find this "Patch 5" I keep seeing mentioned, hoping it would remedy this. That or is it possible to edit my save files in some way to change what equipment my boat currently has, at least as an interim until this is fixed?
To my knowledge patch 5 does not affect your issue.

The changes to the mod are:
1. Campaign files for Jap Harbor Traffic, all have one correction each. The US and Jap AirCover files are slightly altered. The US NavalBases has been updated, and a couple of bad "Name=" lines removed. The Campaign.cfg has been altered to remove a file, and altered others. Other files in the Campaign have been split and / or combined with others. The Messages.txt has been edited to attempt to more closely follow the Asiatic Fleet to the South West Pacific Area Command to the 7th Fleet, as well as changing some of the base changes notifications. The DynamicMiss.cfg has been re-activated by removing some of the commented-out lines, ~AND~, since KaleunMarco found a duplicates issue in PatrolObjectives, I found the same one in DynamicMiss. Quite amazing. I'll have to post about that in the thread here in a few days, if when you guys go to test this, that it works... Anyway, a Patrol Kuriles mission in PatrolObjectives was edited to have correct names.
2. Sim.cfg altered
3. Land and Ordnance empty files added to "fake-out" SH4 Validator checks.
4. The Orders Map, when the player is going on patrol was re-sized so that the "Star" for objective designation would spot better.
5. Added a couple of more Australian DD. Now I have to add them to the layers...
6. Sea folder corrections to the Tone damage model, and to swap the draft figures for the two Ada and Aden Marus
7. Sim file changes to all subs for hopefully better physics during operations. UPC file changes for the Balao and Tench, restricting them to similar dates as before. Fingers are crossed for those two.
8. Terrain folder changes are just additional "art" elements for map drawings for future missions, which it is unknown when I'll get to that.
9. That propeller Texture was re-sized and added
10. Several UPC changes, with changes to the Flotillas and PatrolObjectives files the main changes, but also CareerStart (Front Runner's findings) and the UPCLocalization.tsr file, which will hopefully allow the Transfer screen to populate correctly, as well as a few other nigglies noticed with text and finding a %s or %c or %d for an actual "String", "Character" or "Digit"...

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote