View Single Post
Old 03-13-19, 07:32 AM   #255
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

^ I think the Cleveland Browns will look a lot different this coming season. The Browns came on strong mid way through last season and should continue to Improve. That's good news for Browns fans.

There have been lots of moves in free agency in the past 2 weeks. The Baltimore Ravens lost 4 defensive starters from last year including linebacker, Terrell Suggs. The Pittsburgh Steelers ended the soap opera it has become of late with WR Antonio Brown leaving to go to the Oakland Raiders and holdout running back Le'veon Bell going to the NY Jets. TE Jesse James left to go to the Detroit Lions. The Steelers did pick up Cornerback Steven Nelson who played last season for the Kansas City Chiefs.

All this in just one division and ahead of the NFL draft next month.

* I found it amusing that Steeler Running back, Le'veon Bell held out from playing last season under the franchise tag. Bell gave up 14 million and change by not playing last season and the Steelers offered 70 million over 5 years in a new contract, only to have Bell turn that down. Bell's contract is reported to be a 4-year deal worth $52.5M. The Jets deal is only marginally better with more guaranteed money but less in salary. This doesn't count the 14 million + he lost by holding out last year. You can't make that much money back.

I think Bell's " me first "attitude in addition to the fact that he is one strike away from a season long suspension for his multiple violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy contributed to other teams passing on him. So much for Bell getting a Mega deal.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 03-13-19 at 09:31 AM.
Commander Wallace is online   Reply With Quote