View Single Post
Old 03-06-19, 06:36 AM   #6765
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
The only problem with that argument is there is more than ample evidence of Trump's kids getting highly irregular and highly suspect treatment when it comes to security clearances. In a post a couple of years ago, I raised the question of persons who would not be able to get a routine security clearance, much less a clearance at the level required to operate in the White House, either being elected to or appointed to office and how such a situation would, could or should be handled; in fact, IIRC, the post also raised the issue of possible foreign influence on such a person in just such a situation. Kusnher has, in fact, submitted at least three, if not more, separate applications; his first had very serious omissions and/or outright false statements and had to be "amended" by the subsequent applications, with each subsequent application being an "amendment" of the prior. The law on security applications is very clear: knowingly omitting pertinent information and/or knowingly making false statements is a Federal crime; there have been many reports citing persons who have gone through the clearance process who affirm the requirements are very explicit and hard to miss; they also affirm the form(s) warn that any omission and/or false statement is punishable by at least 5 (five) years in prison; further none of the persons cited could recall any situation where a person had been permitted to make a third, or more, application. The only reasonable conclusion is Kushner's application(s) were allowed to go around the stringent requirements for top security clearances by the exertion of influence from a higher level; given that Kushner is the Senior Adviser to the POTUS ,and answerable only to the POTUS, Trump must have had some hand in contravening the law as set forth. The same situation applies to Ivanka, Eric, Don Jr,, et al: the only reasonable conclusion is Trump had a hand in their getting clearances they, under law, are not entitled to hold...
Sorry, that was not my point. I'm not talking about clearance for Ivanka, I'm saying the incessant negative coverage of Trump is absurd. Every day news outlets like CNN plaster their leads with Trump did this and Trump said that -- all from a negative perspective, of course. It's simply ridiculous. Trump is not doing nearly enough to be that newsworthy, there are other things happening in the world.