View Single Post
Old 03-03-19, 02:22 PM   #148
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3
Default Saving, reloading, supermarks and radio messages

Using TWoS 2.2.9 on Win7 laptop, Steam version of the game (used Steam conversion tool as instructed during installation). From optional mods, enabled Real Navigation, Food Stacks, Reduced Explosions, Remove Flags and Encrypted BdU Orders.

I'm having following issues while saving / reloading game:

1) Destroyed marks/supermarks:

Destroyed marks do not show up when I use "Continue Campaign" option from main menu, but do show up when I use "Load Game" on the very same saved game.

Supermarks / Navigation fixes are the opposite - they only show up when game is loaded via "Continue Campaign" and not when I use "Load Game".

This happens 100% of the time I tried both these options.

2) Radio Messages:

Several issues here:

Issue 1: When I save game between the date/time a radio message starts and date/time it ends and I haven't received it yet, it will not be received at all upon loading the game and continuing. I ran DebugView and it seems radio message engine only loads messages which have not started their time yet.

So, for example, if a message is broadcasted from 05:00 to 15:00 and I have been underwater between 04:00 and 06:00, then surfaced, saved game and exited before message was received, upon loading the game the message will not be added as available even though theoretically it should still be broadcasted for 9 hours.

Issue 2: If I save game at, say, 05:00 game time, then continue playing, receive a bunch of messages save again (different save file) at 16:00 and then reload a save from 05:00, messages from between 05:00 and 16:00 are gone from the "later" save. EDIT: looking at Debug, the script deletes messages later than current date upon loading the game. The problem is that there's only one file with saved career messages per career, regardless of how many savegame files exist for this career.

Issue 3 (or 2A...possibly related to the above) - when playing (without any reverting to older saves) and continuing campaign through the "Continue Campaign" option, I've seen radio messages I have received earlier disappear upon loading game. Still unsure at which point exactly does this happen, hard to reproduce because they do not always disappear. It seems "Sub sighted", "Report status" and such disappear more often than campaign immersion messages, and only ones that never disappeared on me were Enigma coded messages.

I'll try to narrow down what causes all this but would appreciate if anyone could confirm if this would happen to others as well or it's something specific to my installation?

Last edited by kapuhy; 03-03-19 at 04:10 PM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote