1. centralism,
2. planned economy,
3. dictatorship,
4. one-party-rule with only alibi-diversity polishing the shine on the surface,
5. nightmare levels of corruption,
6. blossoming nepotism,
7. massive, though hidden expropriation and financial abuse of the masses,

and finally (and hopefully!!):

8. unrest, uprise and civil war to destroy this order.

Needless to say: such totalitarianism always means that the individual means nothing and will get sacrificed unscrupolously for the claimed cause of the collective and namely: the state and its claimed state'S reason.

Those being in power then, already today see themselves and act as if they were a new aristocratric superclass that ownes people and is so to speak: God-wanted to rule so that even votings against them must not be respected by them. Often prominent names even shamlessly frankly admit that they intend to bypass rules and not obey laws and treaties, if they see fit. There never was a public uproar over any such statements so far. The brainwashing of the regime seems to work remarkably well already. Framing, and relentless propagandistic bombardement in all mainstream media - do work, and function well.

I prefer to follow LaoTse and getting the evil dealt with while it still is small. Well, not so small anymore, I fear, but maybe smaller than the 7.point description I just gave above.

Though the next wave of demons already assemble at the exit gates of hell:
https://translate.google.de/translat...fonds_der_welt

The author was formerly a freedom activist in the GDR and one of the most proiminent public faces of the active movement in the GDR that brought down the regime. Only to get the even bigger mess there now is.

One thing they have not considered much is that people will also emigrate out, many that are qualified would choose for example USA or Australia over EU if they had to choose between federations.

They would need to set up the police state and borders fast to keep the people in, like in all the previous societies based on some utopia.