View Single Post
Old 02-19-19, 01:57 PM   #207
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikaga View Post
You guys are doing an awesome job! Say, how does the landscape buildup/world building of Sh5 compare with for instance IL2 Cliffs of Dover?
I have never messed with any of the games of the IL-2 Sturmovik franchise, so I can't say for sure, but I am afraid that comparing a submarine simulator with a flight simulator wouldn't lead to any conclusion: in one case we have a world made for being observed from the sea level, while in the latter case the privileged view is obviously from top...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
gap m8 if u need a tester for your work just let me know...
btw i just installed this mod in my mod list damn look awesome ....
ROGER that. Thank you mate, the next release shouldn't take too long.
I will let you know if I need you to do some testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Not following you here.
Height points in a RAW file is 10201
It's 101 floats x 101 floats
true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
From looking at the source code I see this.......

const int secondsPerPx = 3; //arc seconds per pixel (3 equals cca 90m)

So changing = 3 to = 1 would give us 30m (Also saw that commented out so maybe we can't do that)

Resolution for SH5 is 25m per height value is it not?
Forget about meters. Due to distance stretching caused by cylindrical map projections, and to the arbitrary scale used in SH5, we better use angles than meters as unit of measure.

The 30-Meter SRTM dataset that we want to use in game, has a resolution of 1" (= 1 deg / 3600) whereas SH5 RAW files have a resolution of 1.5" (= [1 deg / 24] / 100).

Theoretically, using github/OldCoder's exe for downsampling SRTM data to the SH5 resolution, we should apply a stepping factor of 1.5.
If a similar factor was applied correctly, for a tile of 1 deg x 1 deg, I would expect an output containing 5,764,801 height points (= 2401 x 2401) rather than the full resolution 12,967,201 (= 3601 x 3601) height values.

Yet, no matter what stepping factor I apply (tried with 1, 1.5, 2 and 3), I always obtain an output with 1,442,401 height values (= 1,201 x 1,201)

I hope I made myself clearer now
gap is offline   Reply With Quote