View Single Post
Old 02-15-19, 04:15 PM   #6642
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Interesting Tweet on the subject of a President's use of executive action, emergency orders, etc., from a prominent Republican...

Quote:

Repubs must not allow Pres Obama to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress.

Gee, I wonder who said that?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 20, 2014

I guess what's good for the Obama is not good for the Trump...

...and then there's this; another prominent Republican shares his opinion on the misuse of presidential poweres:

Quote:

“Issues of this magnitude should always be resolved with the consent of the governed. Signing an executive order, giving a speech, barnstorming around the country defending that executive order is not leadership.”

“I would implore the president to reconsider this path and to demonstrate the kind of leadership that the American people long to see. And that this administration would sit down with ... Congress and find genuine common ground on border security. There’s a series of piece-by-piece reforms that I believe that could be advanced in this Congress that would be in the long-term interest of the American people on this issue.”

Source here:

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ecutive-action

<O>