View Single Post
Old 02-15-19, 11:29 AM   #178
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikaga View Post
Yeah I asked that so those of use who can edit missions could make Pacific missions like they have in SH4 Wolves of the Pacific. That is something I have always missed in this game. That way we can maybe extend the campaign years till 1945 and even add more difficulty. And if there would be very proficient ship editors here one might even be able to add a ship armed with hedgehogs!
I understand and I share your same enthusiasm, but...

1 - SH4 has Pacific campaign and missions because, unlike SH5, it revolves around the US submarine campaign of WWII. The Pacific was only a marginal theater of the U-boat campaign.

2 - The SH5 campaign has already been extended to 1945 with Open Horizons II (now part of TWoS), and it already includes an Indian Ocean and Western Pacific campaign (i.e. Monsun Gruppe) which is what you probably have in mind. Indeed, this mod will cover the areas of U-boat operation in the Far East, as well as the East coasts of USA and Canada, the Mediterranean, the Black Sea, the Caribbean, the South Atlantic and other minor war theaters (from the Ubootwaffe perspective), but the North and Western coasts of Europe for now have the highest priority.

3 - There already are hedgehogs in game. Maybe you meant squid launchers.

Last edited by gap; 02-15-19 at 01:09 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote