View Single Post
Old 02-14-19, 10:39 AM   #6637
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Looks like the dims are going to run their canoe aground on the rock that is their ridiculous "green new deal". Thanks so much for the gift!
Yeah, no joke. Hearing about this idea that we can end fossil fuels in 10 years, I just have to shake my head. No grasp of reality. Has this woman ever worked a job in a chemical plant or refinery? Probably never even toured one. She must imagine our economy is built on hipsters, iPads, Starbuck and Amazon.

After reading this, I was amazed I never heard Sen. Moynihan's phrase, “leakage of reality from American life.” But I like it, it's appropriate, and I have said for a long time, that's the biggest problem with Liberals, they really have no grasp on reality. Wishing things would work a certain way is nothing but wishful thinking when reality rules it out. May as well accept reality, that's what you'll get.

Reality Continues to Leak from American Life

Quote:
n 1994, the Clinton administration decreed a bright shining future for education. Its Goals 2000 legislation proclaimed that by that year America’s high-school-graduation rate would be 90 percent and American students would lead the world in math and science achievements. Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan (D., N.Y.) was unimpressed: “That will not happen.” It didn’t, to the surprise of no one with an inkling of reality’s viscosity.

Bill Clinton’s (then Congress’s) goals, which Moynihan compared to the Soviet Union’s penchant for delusional grain quotas, illustrated what the senator called the “leakage of reality from American life.” Speaking of which:

Democrats, including many presidential candidates, have endorsed something that makes Goals 2000 look like the soul of sobriety. The Green New Deal’s FAQ sheet says:

In ten years America will have only non-carbon renewable energy. (Exxon Mobil plans to produce 25 percent more oil and gas in 2025 than in 2017.) By then, “every building in America” will be environmentally retrofitted, “farting cows” (methane gas; say goodbye to hamburgers) will be on the way out, fast electric trains will make airplanes unnecessary, “every combustion-engine vehicle” will be gone (but relax: charging stations will be “everywhere”).
That's just stunning.