@Aktung well.. i'm not Trump so i will not accuse you, or anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I say there's two types of illegal immigrants/refugees

Those who are accepted
and
Those who aren't

Markus
Accepted or rejected by whom? If you go back long enough in time, everyone is "illegal" where he or she lives now. Someone being "illegal" can only exist if there are "nations", with more or less artificial boundaries changing over time, segregating people from each other. So borders are generally declared by militarily stronger nations, and they then decide who is "illegal."
All this is a theoretical construct by mankind, that could be entirely different if history would have took another turn. And think of that: Can any person born and living indeed be declared as "illegal"? I mean, by any ethical standard? By whom, by what justification? Answer: By sheer power, and nothing else.

What about California, Texas, Wyoming, New Mexico - US-Mexican war anyone ? "Cultural integration" by US president Polk? General Ulysses S. Grant called the Mexican War "one of the most unjust ever waged by a stronger against a weaker nation".
"On February 2, 1848, Mexico ceded 55 percent of its territory, including what is now Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas, and parts of Colorado, Nevada and Utah after the war, in exchange for fifteen million dollars in war compensation. After the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Mexicans living in the new United States territory had to adapt to becoming Americans. Many Mexicans who lived in the territory lost to the United States decided to stay and become American citizens. Integration proved difficult. The U.S. government refused to accept land claims based on tradition or limited documentation, and many Mexicans lost their holdings."
https://www.history.com/topics/mexic...n-american-war

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 02-11-19 at 04:04 AM.