View Single Post
Old 02-08-19, 11:16 AM   #6586
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
How have their position changed with regards to border security? (honest question)
Trick question.

A couple of things. Any present day Democrat or progressive who spoke like the people in those quotes would be run out of town. It appears to me that Democrats are saying one thing but not backing it up with 'concrete' action. If their position hasn't changed (I think it has) then they would be in favor of a wall/fence/barrier that would actually work at least better than what is there now. I believe that their position has changed because no one in the Democratic leadership is saying or would dare say "We cannot tolerate illegal immigration and we must stop it". Quite the opposite. Walls are immoral but illegal immigrants are not. This is all about Trump and the game is quite apparent. Even a minor victory here for the President is an intolerable option. 2020 is coming fast.

The truth is Dowly that eventually a wall that actually works will be built. The present situation can't go on forever. Eventually the flow of poor, uneducated, low skill workers and their families will become a crisis inside the USA. How that actually plays out I do not know but there is a limit to everything. It would be quite ironic if a future Democratic President had to do this. Position change #3.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke