View Single Post
Old 02-08-19, 09:40 AM   #7402
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1358
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
OTC is not compatible, since the OTC mod uses a "centered" conning tower, as well as a mod-specific Recognition Manual. However, most of those optics are in FotRSU, so you have views at each station that match the others, and that are accurate. The lines (reticules??) represent minutes of arc, so should be somewhat usable for approximate range, but I don't remember which magnification has what for minutes of arc, or maybe 100 minutes? I'm sure CapnScurvy has spoken of that previously in this thread somewhere. We'll see if we can find that. You might also find mention of what he did in the OTC documentation...

Edit: As reference: Optical Targeting Correction revised March, 2012 - CapnScurvy packs a lot of information into his postings.
Hi propbeanie I found this post by Capnscurvy... (August 2018)Here explain better

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=6529

@Fifi
Read this point( always by capnscurvy ):

"Right now Ultimate is relying on players using Auto Targeting as a way to sink ships. It follows a different approach to torpedo firing than Manual Targeting and is reasonably accurate. Actually its "down to the yard" accurate....the only way you can screw up is with forgetting to open the torpedo doors! "

Last edited by hauangua; 02-08-19 at 09:50 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote