View Single Post
Old 01-27-19, 02:46 PM   #7305
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i indicated in an earlier reply that there needs to be an adjustment in the file that contains these descriptions. that file is:
C:\Ubisoft\FOTRSU_80\Data\UPCData\UPCLocalization\ UPCLocalization.tsr
Use Notepad.
go to the end of the file and you will see a section named ;CREW ABILITIES
the semi colon tells SH4 that this is a Comment only.
the next several lines contain the Special Abilities and their explanation during SH4 game play.
you will immediately notice that there are some Special Abilities that are not listed...those missing abilities are the ones you are not receiving any description.
if you want to see a description during game play you must enter those Special Abilities in this section. Follow the pattern of entries very closely otherwise you will not get the desired results. for example, if you want to create an entry for Ability-Active-Quick-Escape, you would enter:
Ability-Active-Quick-Escape-Name=Expert Ship handler (on one line)(the actual name is up to you)

(on the very next line, enter)
Ability-Active-Quick-Escape-Description=Required compartment: (enter the sections that this ability will be effective. follow the entries already there or just put "ANY" without the quotes)|(here is where you enter the description you want to see during the game. i am sure there is a character limit but i do not know what it is.)

as with all changes, make a copy of this file first.... before you enact your changes. Good luck
Honestly it does not effect game play for me. I mention it so those who write to this mod if they wish can make adjustments to it so issues do not appear in future releases. I purpose try to find things that my need adjust. I purposely try to do thing to try to break the game under this mod only in order to help find bugs and garner better quality future releases for all.

This is a great mod. If I find something I only want to report it in hopes of making it better for all.

And another CTD. Prop!! I am getting the impression the game does not like long extended play. I never save a game. I start from port, leave and go hunting where they tell me. This last one was near Truk. I raided it, went to the Solomons to resupply went back again then headed to Midway. On my way to Midway I spotted a DD dove and crashed.

Perhaps the CTD is due to my extended, two to three hours, to complete one mission and return home. I never save at sea. Instead of creating a new save upon entering port it is overwriting the old entering port. As of May of 1943 there are only four saves and the first two were the initial leaving and entering. All other saves are over writing the two after that.

I thought it created new saves ever "upon entering" and "upon leaving"??

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote