View Single Post
Old 01-27-19, 08:13 AM   #7301
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Are you using our newer "Test" CareerStart there Front Runner? The symptoms with the gauges and the planes sounds a lot like the old "AI Sub Interfering With The Player's Sub" trick from several versions back... Once, OK, but twice? Not cool... Let us know what it does. It does sound like a Save game issue, like the "GameTime 2018" was, caused by "outside influences"... (ahem )

OK, I played through the insertion mission to Tsurusaki and made several save games while in the area approximately adjacent to the insertion point and well within Bungo Suido. There was a Tugboat and a Large Sampan nearby. The first save game I made reloaded OK but as I proceeded north toward the point adjacent to the insertion point, the save games became corrupt. I can repeat the process but can't find exactly at which point this happens.
Upon reloading a failed save, (F2 Command room, all gauges indicate "vertical" position) I have also seen a Merchant ship on fire and sinking. Weather was 15mps, seas very rough.

On another, I saw a Jap small sub on the surface nearby. There seems to be something going on in the background which triggers the failure. The date is Jan. 17, 1944 between 0001 and 0800 hours Base time. So it's actually Jan. 18, 1944 around local moonrise.

That being said, the Career was started using FOTRSUv80RC2 without our "new" CareerStart file. The Career is a Balao, out of Pearl Harbor, Beginning of 1944. Spy Insertion Tsurusaki. Note: upon completing the insertion, the "raft" exploded and burned soon after launch even though the insertion was successful. I think due to the high seas, winds 15 mps at the time.
I encountered and sank a Tanker and surfaced and sank a Tugboat while enroute with no problem and no corruption. The Career seems to work fine (using Q/S/L) until I get into the upper reaches of the Bungo Suido adjacent to the insertion point where the saves begin to corrupt into the "vertical gauge indicator" failure and non-responsive Hydrophone animation.

Also, there is a Convoy of ships approaching the area from the SW coming into Bungo Suido. I can "see" them (on the green light indicator,) but not "hear" them from the Hydrophone station on their approximate bearing, They are still many NM away.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote