View Single Post
Old 01-17-19, 08:17 AM   #8949
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

All this reminds me of a story once told by Paul Watzlawick, a famous psychologist and communication theoretician.

Illustrating how strongly people and even animals base their daily behaviour and acting routines on habits and beliefs, he told of a man writing him he had a dog, and every morning the following happens in the house: the dog had formed a love for - milk. And every morning his master went to the kitchen and the dog followed him but raced to the garden to fulfill his daily morning toilet routine at the tree, then returning enthusiastically to the kitchen and slobberng the milk that his master meanwhile had placed on the floor.

One morning, the milk was all out, and the dog returned from the garden toilet and then stood bewildered before the empty bowl. What you think the dog did?

It raced back to the garden and raised a leg at the tree (although in vain), and returned to the kitchen, assuming that now all things should be right and milk should be there. And it did it again, and then again.

Politicians are so disconnected from reality that they cannot imagine that their usual ceremonies and magical routines of endless babbling and doing backdoor deals and trades under the hand one day could not make things run in the usual fashion they got used to expect when doing the game right. And I do not even talk of Black Swan events. May reminds me of that dog that stands perplexed at the empty bowl and runs back and forth between that tree and the kitchen.

Either this outcome was her plan, as I still assume, to let the political caste get away with not being held responsible when cancelling brexit and ignoring the referendum, or she is an incredibly stupid woman. Which maybe she is additionally to the first possibility, I don't know.