View Single Post
Old 01-11-19, 07:58 PM   #6273
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I'm not at all a fan of Pelosi. The only reason she got the Speakership back is because she's a DEM rainmaker: she has a knack for raising very large sums for the DEM party and they were to afraid of losing those sources to stand up to her..
There, that wasn't so hard now was it. Thank you...I think.

Quote:
I don't have any party affiliations.
Neither do I.

Quote:
As far as dodging is concerned, I have said everything in my posts straight and open, only filtering my temptation to engage in rather more 'descriptive' language.
Well....you do live in Hollywood don't you.

Quote:
I say what I believe, free from partisan strictures or the need to try to justify others mistakes or wrongdoings. I will point out, when there seems to be a paucity of fact or lop-sided presentation of poli-gibberish, that there are another viewpoints and there are verifiable truths those who cannot bear to admit they are supporting a tissue of lies would rather not be revealed...
That is a nice sentiment but anybody on any side of any political argument or affiliation could and do say the same things. Political opinions are at their best usually somewhat partisan and at their worst hysterical. I think America will survive the Trump administration just fine. After all (and at the risk of being accused of whataboutism), it survived eight years of the Obama administration didn't it.

I've asked this question before and it went unanswered. Why is Donald Trump president? I'm no expert but I don't believe for a minute it was racism, Russian hacking or the likability of the other candidates in the primary or presidential election. People who refuse to recognize a palpable dissatisfaction amongst the electorate will make this same mistake again. Just looking at the list of potential Democrat prospects sends a shiver down my spine and makes my head ache. The poverty of ideas is staggering. The current trend to get to the Left of everybody else is a disaster in the making. The idea that a candidate's race and gender is on the table is suicide. It's gonna be entertaining.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke