View Single Post
Old 01-07-19, 06:31 AM   #7064
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
The "reverse" sound is probably a stock game issue. Like most of the issues being brought up since the v0.80 release. It might be fixable....might not!

You guys look at us as being able to "fix anything"...….we can't! We don't have the capability to "reverse engineer" the game, we don't have access to the hard coded files that make the game actually work. We can only make the game "appear" to be doing something different than what it's designed to do.....the rest is written in stone by the game's mechanics.

If you only knew how many stock game errors there are in the game, and Ubisoft actually cared about your complaints, we'd have "Patch 48" being readied for us to use!!

As it is, they gave us "Patch 5", AND we had to pay for it extra since they wanted the Nazi's in the Pacific!?!
Didn't mean to stir you up, Capn. I was trying to point out that the diesel sound in at least one previous release was correct in that it was louder when on the bridge and facing the stern. It seemed to me that since it has changed to the opposite effect in this latest version that perhaps it was changeable and someone or something had done so.

If it is something in th original stock version and you can't change it, so be it, but the anecdotal evidence says otherwise. I'm not a member of your test team - just some user who runs the game and tries to point out possible flaws. We all have the same goal, that of producing the best possible product. If it can't be fixed, then just say so. No need to vent. We appreciate all the effort the team has put into it, believe me!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote