View Single Post
Old 01-04-19, 08:57 PM   #7021
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
In this case luck beats skill every time and the sub caught a convenient rain shower which screened them from the Japanese patrol boat with the popgun. They ran away and fortunately the Japanese didn't search in the right direction. They determined that they couldn't submerge, radioed Australia and told them the situation. Another sub rendezvoused with them and they were supposed to scuttle the sub. Instead, the captain and a few volunteers took it all the way back, 2,000 miles to Freemantle on the surface.

I'm famous (or infamous) for saying that in a computer simulation reality is not on the menu. We make the least wrong decisions we can make in every single respect and go with it. CapnScurvy and I can go back and forth for hours on "what is reality" and never reach any kind of agreement.

I've done the same thing with Lurkerhlb about his RSRDC. Any decisions we make are wrong and we might as will smile and make peace with that dismal conclusion. The only worse thing is not to have the simulation at all, to refuse to make the decisions that make the mod.

Or, like in the case of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition, we can make the core mod one way, with bad info on the recognition manual, which isn't the SAME bad info the real boats had, but put us in an analogous position to the real skippers. But my deal with CapnScurvy is that he will publish an approved plugin mod for FOTRSU that will allow players to have that perfect recognition manual with all ships accurate in the database to the inch in all respects. That way you can play the way you want and we aren't telling you what's right.

Because in a computer simulation, realism isn't on the menu.

It takes more than one hit. I have been holed multiple times in the game and gotten away. LOL sometimes I think it is too easy.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote