View Single Post
Old 01-02-19, 11:02 AM   #6936
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
I've noticed, as well, ordering Periscope Depth from the surface takes quite a long time for submergence. Pressing the "D" key for a standard dive takes much less time. Pressing "Cntrl D" gets you down fast! Crash Dive!
On sighting an aircraft without the SD radar installed, I order a Crash Dive, then order a depth of 100 feet (or stop the dive at 100 feet by pressing "A".
Then after a respectable interval, come back up to Periscope Depth, (then Radar Depth if radar IS installed.) Then back up on the surface. When I am being harassed by air patrols, I also order my AA crew to stations, just in case!

After ordering Periscope Depth from the surface, once the decks are awash, one can press the "A" key and hope that stops the dive, thus simulating a "decks awash" command. (Burns more fuel though).

There were past mods that helped this issue. If I recall correctly realistic ship physics 2.6 by TorpX was one of them. In his mod Normal surface to Pdepth went down to 1:36 and if you crash dive you get there in 41 seconds (RFB 2.0 on its own had Crash Dive to Periscope depth it at 37 seconds) but you will overshoot periscope depth because of the 11 degree down angle with ISP 2.6 maybe not as much the way RFB had it at 6 degrees. ISP 2.6 is still in the download section if anyone wants to take a look at his documentation.

I'll have to give the crash dive A key a try and see how close to periscope depth I can get doing that manually instead of the boat doing it by order.

I'm thankful Decks Awash was already working.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote