View Single Post
Old 11-11-18, 11:07 AM   #15
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Yeah, agreed. I'm a believer in the good guy theory but in many cases it doesn't work. In this case it would have been utter chaos if multiple people had started drawing and shooting. I guarantee some would have been shooting each other, after all, the lunatic wasn't wearing a sign that said, "Shoot me, I'm the one".
Well that's a mighty big "if". Can you name some instances where that has happened?, because I can name plenty of them where the lack of an armed good guy has driven up the body count significantly in these events. I can also name instances where an armed good guy has stopped an attack and managed to do it without hitting innocent bystanders, maybe not even firing a shot.

I believe the "Wild West" argument is fatally flawed because it relies upon what it's proponents think MIGHT possibly happen while there is absolutely no question that gun free zones make it far easier for killers to commit their atrocities.

It seems that some folks believe if the government can't protect us and we can't run away from a mass shooting then we deserve to die like sheep because God forbid we should exercise any old fashioned self reliance or responsibility. To them such libertarian attributes, ones that founded our country and allowed it to grow from a weak collection of competing colonies perched upon the edge of an untamed continent into the mightiest nation the world has ever seen, these have become outdated in this age of the all pervasive nanny state.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote