Old 09-15-18, 10:05 AM   #6577
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Got it - brb...

Do you get to the "No Mission Too Difficult" box, or does it "bomb" as the bar gets to about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way, as it's loading?
I get the crash almost immediately in the loading - the bar is barely 1/8 the way across when it stops, then comes the crash.

There being no way around this particular mission in the v0.71 I'm going to try to take a transfer from the office to the Asiatic Fleet and see if I can get by it this way. Will I run into that mission limit again? Probably. Sigh.
I know there is no need to salvage the career, since I'll have to trash it when the next version is released, but I'm a stubborn guy.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I took a transfer on 8/2/44 to Asiatic Fleet at Perth-Fremantle; Got same mission. Where-to-leave-from page showed I was leaving from Perth-Fremantle; same crash, same place!

Tried it again, this time taking a transfer to Pearl Harbor. Got same mission. Where-to-leave-from page showed I was leaving from Pearl Harbor; same crash, same place!

The problem would appear to be in the mission, not the starting point or any fleet spawning in the shallows.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 09-15-18 at 10:45 AM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote