View Single Post
Old 09-04-18, 11:32 AM   #10677
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I actually have somewhat opposite opinion... Can you give me an example what you mean?
Ah, sorry for the answer delay, but was going to walk with my dog in the woods

An example? Once, my periscope was spotted by an armed merchant...was shooted badly (too badly to my taste, furthermore underwater) and took a lot of damages in few seconds before diving deeper (not only periscope, but plenty other things like the main pump for flooding, the Diesel engines etc)
Same with coastal defense...was submerged, but took plenty of damage

My last channel experience ended badly damaged by an aircraft. It was foggy, and i didn’t have the time to crash dive. So was straffed and result ... well, as expected.

When i think it took me dozens of shells to sink an English submarine!
There is something not really accurate.
The problem is we don’t have the hand for repairs (as you know) due to game limitation. Maybe it would be fair to take a little less damage...in counter part of the bad damage game model only (not for cheating)
Just my thought...

SIDE NOTE: i readed somewhere that the observation periscope could raise a little higher than the attack one (hence a better way to observe)
I don’t think it’s modeled in game...in fact, seems that it’s even lower than attack periscope. Have to order 1 meter higher to see something that the attack one can see...is it normal?

Last edited by Fifi; 09-04-18 at 01:25 PM.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote