Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-30-18, 11:51 AM   #6412
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm not quite following you, mark bonamer. Most of the DynamicMiss functionality is very restricted in FotRSU, using close-in distances and dates, and usually won't pull in new Objective-type orders (or rather - shouldn't), especially if you have any primary or secondary Objectives not yet completed. That is, except for the first 10 assignment types, which decide for you whether to track or attack, and maybe what the primary target is. No other renown, other than what you get for the sinkings, less any damage incurred to your boat, of course . Is that what you got? Whatever the initial orders were at origination should still stand... Let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
You didn't tell us what the initial "objective" was for the mission?? The fact you "radioed in for orders" tells me you're still "wet behind the ears" rookie! This is war...…...take out the enemy wherever you find them, WITHOUT asking for permission!

Whatever the initial mission objective was still stands, no matter what you may encounter on the way to accomplishing it.

Mother, pin a ribbon on me (for sinking ships outside of your objectives)! BUT, complete the initial mission sailor! If it states, go to "Section A1" and "Sink all shipping".....go to "Section A1" and do exactly that! Then, you'll accomplish your objective.

the original objective was to deliver Lt Brown and his marines to okinawa, which was successfully completed.
from that point, i was on my own to deliver my torpedos as best i can.
from the GAME aspect, from my experience playing, the more successful secondary objectives one can accumulate, the higher the reward when returning from patrol.

so when i encounter a TF or a convoy, if i radio into cincpac (or whomever), acquire a secondary objective and complete that secondary objective, that counts better/more than just sinking the TF/convoy without the secondary objective. i have learned this the hard way...by just sinking the ships w/o an objective.

this last description is the situation that i described in my initial post. a secondary objective that i appeared to accomplish but the GAME did not give me credit for accomplishing. that is my question.

as a post script, later in the patrol, i encountered a similar convoy, radioed in, received a secondary objective for sinking a freighter. i sank the freighter and fulfilled that objective and then sank a large troop ship and fulfilled the previously unfulfilled objective.

does this supplementary explanation help you understand my question better?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote